Patisserie Tony Wong: Best Cheesecakes in town!

17:57 , 0 Comments




Patisserie Tony Wong

Favorites: Raspberry Chocolate Cake, American Cheesecake, Blueberry Cheesecake
8/10 plates emptied!
[Written by Carly]




Raspberry Chocolate Cake

Out of all the recent new items, this has to be one of my favorites out of all cakes from Tony Wong’s creation. Reasons being that other new items that Tony Wong tried out with green tea, blackcurrant, pear and mango was not as outstanding or divine as this one. I would consider the Green Tea Opera cake and Blackcurrant Yogurt Cake not so successful. But this one stands out for its back-to-basic yet personal character kicks. The raspberry compote which cooks fruits till it turns into syrup form - sweetness was just about right with slight acidity. The manjari chocolate mousse was so good, a bit airy, light yet so smooth, the natural dark chocolate flavor melts in your mouth as soon as you try to enjoy every single bit of it. Manjari being one of the healthy dark chocolate originated from Madagascar, it gives a sharp bouquet of red fruit tones, proves this was a brilliant choice to go with raspberry cream of the cake. To end of this sweet journey, here comes my favorite part – the hazelnut crunchy as the base which was not too sweet but very rich and complemented the raspberry and chocolate cream as it gives a nutty flavor. I can tell that Tony Wong does pay attention to details and with the thin cocoa sponge as the last part of the cake, my case was settled. There is a reason why I keep coming back to this patisserie for more, because I know the owner here is dedicated to original and elegant creations. As a dessert lover, that is what is needed for me to keep coming back for more.


American Cheesecake
I need to confess! I had this as an after-dinner dessert and felt so guilty because the cake was too good!! Even for a person that never liked cheesecakes like me, I was amazed of this simple yet classically indulgent cake. The secret to it might be how it is slow baked so the texture came out really creamy, smooth yet not so rich that you will feel heavy. The vanilla bean cream on top was a highlight as it enriched the flavor of the cream cheese, not too sweet either. The only thing I would complain is the crust (made with graham crackers probably) which was a bit wet and not too crunchy. Tony Wong's cheesecake has always been one of my favorites and they did not disappoint me this time either. For the cheesecake lovers that like a bit of sweetness and fruity aroma, do try their blueberry cheesecake!



Hazelnut Chocolate Crunchy Cake

Liked this more than the Green Tea Opera or chocolate based Gold Medal. As this was down to earth, rich in hazelnut and dark chocolate flavor, comparing this with Petite Amanda's crunchy cake and would say I am at par with what is offered at Tony Wong.



Blueberry Yogurt Cake
Unexpectedly the blueberry filling in the middle of the shell had this strong acidity which was too strong for a yogurt cake. The cake looked amazing with the light purple shell wrapping the creamy sour yogurt cheese mousse and white chocolate deco on top to make the whole presentation appealing.



Green Tea Opera Cake
I was a bit disappointed at this green tea opera by Tony Wong. The green tea mousse in the middle was not smooth enough yet the matcha aroma and taste was indeed refreshing for an opera cake. Loved how the cake is decorated beautifully and delicately as you can clearly see the lines and patterns on top of the cake.



Blueberry Cheesecake
By far the best cheesecake I've ever had in Hong Kong - Blueberry Cheesecake by Tony Wong. I was never a cheesecake fan but then the cheesecake was really smooth, light and creamy. Blueberry sauce was made from fresh blueberries! The slight sweetness and fluffy cream cheese balances the whole experience of putting spoons of cheesecake in your mouth. *mmmmm*



Gold Medal
Another new product from Tony Wong - the Gold Medal - I didn't like this as much as I liked their regular choco opera cake, undoubtedly the cake looked dashing, the powdery chocolate mousse on top where made from both dark and milk chocolate, with a hint of delightful hazelnut crunch in the base. I would have thought that they can add more crunch to the base which will bring the texture to another level of dimensions.



Peach Short Cake
I was always the ultimate fan of Tony Wong's cakes so I was so thrilled to know that they have opened a new shop in Sha Tin! Peach short cake being their new item for summer, better try it sooner or later since peach season is going to end soon. The airy cream on top went well with the light sponge cake that made the dome shape. Had a delightful scoop of peach cubes and peach flavored jelly cubes as the filling and ended off this light note of dessert.

Shop No.704, 7/F, New Town Plaza Phase I, 18 Sha Tin Centre Street, Sha Tin/2382 6218